The transitions process is essentially the ongoing process of change for children, families and educational settings to facilitate children’s movement from one situation or setting to another.
The ‘Enabling Transition’ programme includes the importance of positive transitions from pre-school to primary school, good pedagogy practice to enable smooth transitions and compiling Transition Reports.
The Resource Documents section contains printable handouts to support the programme content and a Certificate of Participation is saved to the educator profile on completion.
Supporting handouts include:
Enabling Children to cope with Transition
The Invisible Suitcase (Nurturing an emotional toolkit for life)
Completing Transition Reports - a guide for educators
What learning am I looking for? (Dispositions, Skills, Knowledge, Atttitudes for transition reporting)
Parent Tip Sheet - Supporting Transition
Blank Transition Report Template
Sample Transition Reports
*PLEASE READ YOUR 'NOTES FOR THE COURSE' BEFORE STARTING YOUR PROGRAMME*
Participants will develop:
1. An understanding of the why the ability to cope with transitions is key to how children will cope with change and transition throughout their lives.
2. Knowledge regarding the different parthers in the transition process and application of each role.
3. Comprehension and application of a range of practical curriculum activities and ideas to nurture children's emotional strength and resillience.
4. Application and ability to comple a strengths-based transition report based on evidence collected through learning stories and observations.
5. Reflection and evaluation of current practice in various areas relating to transition from pre-school to primary school.
Presentation with video/audio
Easy to follow components
Downloadable reference documents
Test multiple choice questions
Certificate of Completion