Aistear offers an umbrella framework of good curriculum practice to support children’s well-being, learning and development. The framework uses four interconnected themes - Well-being; Identity and Belonging; Communicating; and Exploring and Thinking. Regardless of the ethos, size or type of early childhood service, Aistear can be used as a guiding framework for providing an emergent child-led curriculum for children 0-6 years through play.
This programme offers either a first introduction to Aistear for Childminders or for new members of staff who may be unfamiliar with the framework. In addition, the programme acts as a refresher programme for existing staff who want to reflect on various aspects of their practice under the Aistear principles, themes and learning goals.
In addition to the framework structure, the programme contains practical examples of Aistear in practice for all age groups and is suitable for those working with babies, toddlers and young children.
1. Develop knowledge and understanding of the key principles underpinning Aistear and what these look like in practice
2. Comprehend the structure and different components of the Aistear Framework
3. Connect and apply the Aistear framework to learning and development for Babies, Toddlers and Pre-schol children
4. Implement the role of a skillful educator in delivering a child-led curriculum
5. Reflect on and evaluate current practice in relation to the provision of a holistic framework for learning
6. Be aware of online support tools such as the AistearSíolta Practice Guide.
Presentation with video/audio
Easy to follow components
Downloadable reference documents
Test multiple choice questions
Certificate of Completion