Emergent curriculum is a method of providing early childhood experiences that respond to children’s interests and needs as they develop naturally in real time.
‘Emergent Curriculum’ will enable the educator to understand what emergent curriculum is, the quality principles it is based upon and how to implement this pedagogical strategy when working with babies, toddlers and young children.
The programme contains a number of 'think about' activities to reflect on current practice in specific areas.
The Resource Documents section contains printable handouts to support the programme content and a Certificate of Participation is saved to the educator profile on completion.
*PLEASE READ YOUR 'NOTES FOR THE COURSE' BEFORE STARTING YOUR PROGRAMME*
1. Develop knowledge and understanding of an emergent, inquiry based learning approach
2. Be aware of how the principles of emergent curriculum are linked to curriculum and quality frameworks
3. Develop a Curriculum Statement for their setting
4. Comprehend and apply child-led experiences to practice
5. Develop and apply the role of a skillful educator in delivering a emergent learning activities
6. Implement a practical framework for planning for emerging interests for babies, toddlers and young children
7. Reflect on and evaluate current practice.
Presentation with video/audio
Easy to follow components
Downloadable reference documents
Test multiple choice questions
Certificate of Completion