Emergent curriculum is a method of providing an early childhood curriculum that responds to children’s interests and needs as they develop naturally in real time.
The ‘Understanding Emergent Curriculum’ programme will enable the educator to understand what emergent curriculum is and how to implement this pedagogical strategy when working with babies, toddlers and pre-school children. This includes the background to emergent curriculum and planning inquiry based activities for the under 3’s and for pre-school children.
The Resource Documents section contains printable handouts to support the programme content and a Certificate of Participation is saved to the educator profile on completion.
*PLEASE READ YOUR 'NOTES FOR THE COURSE' BEFORE STARTING YOUR PROGRAMME*
1. To develop and understanding of emergent curriculum- what it is and what it is not
2. To be aware of how the princples of emergent curriculum is linked to curriculum and quality frameworks
3. To understand the key components of emergent curriculum and to assess the presence of these components in current practice
4. To implement a practical framework for planning for emergent skills and interests for babies, toddlers and young children
5. To recognise and develop the key role of the educator in providing inquiry based learning for young children.
Presentation with video/audio
Easy to follow components
Downloadable reference documents
Test multiple choice questions
Certificate of Completion